Monday 27 February 2012

Spring is Sprung


Crocus

Spring is sprung
The grass is riz
I wonder where the birdies is
The bird is on the wing they say
But that’s absurd!
I always thought the wing was on the bird.

More Crocuses!
That old rhyme was told to me by my Father and for some reason it resonated and stuck in my head. It is traditionally sung with a thick New York accent. I have not attempted to capture this in writing, but imagine boid instead of bird etc. and you will soon get the picture.
Darling Daffs of March
The birds are in fact all of a twitter. It’s nesting/mating time and the sap is rising!
Buds Fizzing On a Plum Tree
It’s a well-known and easily remembered fact that St. Valentine’s/Pancake Day tends to coincide with the appearance of frog and toad spawn it the ponds and lakes.
More Plum Blossom Bursting to Open
Daffodils will soon fill the verges with swathes of yellow and we can once again romantically wander, lonely as a cloud.
Beautiful Springtime
The various types of plum trees and blackthorn bushes are already bursting with buds.
Plum Blossom Heralds the Onset Of Spring
After this last warm weekend (I was in my tshirt), those of us who look, will notice more flowers in the trees - the hedgerows will soon be festooned in blossom. That’s right, the white blossom you spot in the hedgerows now will soon develop into young plums or sloes, so remember where you see it- there’s no fruit without flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment